My reviews of [[[The Colour of Milk]]], [[[The Tragedy Paper]]] and [[[Level 2]]] are *thisclose* to being finished and ready to post. But it was a friend’s birthday last night and stopping by for a drink turned into keeping it light and drinking beer, which morphed into shots with the birthday girl which…you get the picture. Saying all of that to say I didn’t have it in me to put the finishing touches on anything. But oddly enough I felt like posting something, so I figured I could be trusted to share a few items kicking around in my book marked pages.
Books I Want – Found on Other Blogs
- Corrine from The Book Nest is adding to the near ruinous list of books I want to read with her review of Jenny Wingfield’s The Homecoming of Samuel Lake & Phillip Reeve’s Fever Crumb.
- Angie at Angieville did the same with her review of Jodi Lyn Anderson’s Tiger Lily.
- Ditto Lynne’s Book Notes and Ruth Rendell’s The St. Zita Society.
- I tread lightly when it comes to Austen retellings and take-off but Alyssa Goodnight’s [[[Austensibly Ordinary]]] is tempting and Chick Lit Is Not Dead is hosting a giveaway for it. 5 copies!
Books I’ve Read And Reviewed – Found On Other Blogs I Read
- Jenn from The Picky Girl also enjoyed The Death of Bees.
- Anita from A Woman, a wife, a mom read and loved JoJo Moyes Me Before You. I so heart this book.
- Julie at Booking Mama recommends Cathy Marie Buchanan’s The Painted Girls.
- This is the first I’m hearing of it, but Vasilly has scoop on the African American Read-In (February), and will be hosting participation at her blog, 1330V. Check there for complete details.
- A Month of Letters is also coming up in February and Suey and Kailana are joining the fray. Currently, I’m chicken.
- I am saving these excerpts from Oprah’s chat with Ayana Mathis for after I have finished reading [[[The Twelve Tribes of Hattie]]].
- Jessica at Quirky Bookworm chats about changing reading tastes and quitting an author.
- Bookfinds attempts to define New Adult Fiction.
- Where has all the caviar gone?