I am very, very nosy about other book bloggers- how they read their books, how they run their blogs, what they like to do when they’re not reading and blogging, what they sound like! Back in April I start kicking around the idea of a twice weekly show about books, blogging and reading (including having panel discussions on books). I get to get all up in their business and you get to call in with your questions…and get all up in their business! Sounds fun, right? Right. That’s what I thought too.
In May I talked to book bloggers attending BookExpo America about willingness to participate in such a venture and the response was overwhelmingly positive; but I in the hazy, lazy days of summer I just wasn’t able to get it together. Finally, I decided that I had to just jump in with both feet.
I am very excited about the October 27th, launch of That’s How I Blog!, a show exploring books bloggers and their blogging experiences.
From Tuesday, October 27th – Tuesday January 12th, I will be doing a trial run of 12 shows, after which I will decide whether to continue and whether to expand, and what that entails and will look like. In the meantime, take a look at the guests I have confirmed dates with so far. I am so excited!
Dawn, She is Too Fond of Books
I will be talking with Trish of Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin’? on Tuesday, October 27th at 9PMEST/6PMPST. Please visit the show webpage to schedule a reminder. You won’t want to miss it!
I need your help!
- Do you know and have questions for any of these lovely ladies? If you do, please let me know what they are by e-mailing me at nicole [at] linussblanket [dot] com. I’ll be doing as much research into their blogs as possible for each show, but let me know if there is anyplace in particular that I should be looking.
- Call in with questions! The fun about doing a radio show is that we get to hear each other’s voices, and actually talk! If only we could just eat too, it would be perfect. But, baby steps.
- Consider being my guest! I still have a few spots for which I’ve been unable to confirm guests, so if you read books and blog about them- then I would love to hear from you. I’ll also hopefully be expanding after January 12th (fingers crossed, it’s quite possible I could suck at this) so I’ll need lots of fresh blood people to chat with.
- Do you know of any community events or interesting books news that I can announce? E-mail me.
- If you’re on Twitter, you can follow and receives news on show guests, topics and other updates at @thatshowiblog .
- Spread the word! I need guests, I need questions, I need listeners, I just need…so let others know and I might be able to love you more than I already do, which is actually a tall order because I just adore all of my silent and not so silent readers and contributors to Linus’s Blanket!
Thanks so much!
Is this just totally crazy, or could it really work? (Hint- I’m looking for validation people. No is just not the right answer right now. Well? At least I’m honest!)