Items of Interest: Links That Caught My Attention This Week
- Beth at Beth Fish Read has a great review of This One is Mine, by Maria Semple. I was excited to see her review and even more excited that she liked the book because I am reading it now, and enjoying it as well. I started on it this morning, but I don’t know how far I will get since I am going to be out for most of the day.
- Do you want to know where books come from when you win a book from Hachette Book Group? Look no further and go on a tour of Hachette Book Group’s Distribution Center. It houses about 85 million books and they ship out about 500,000 books each day!
- Carrie over at Books and Movies has a great post up on her favorite history books. She has some good picks like Mayflower, by Nathaniel Philbrick and 1776, by David McCullough.
- Last week was Children’s Book Week. I had actually read a children’s books but didn’t post the review last week, drat! But Shelly from Write For A Reader was really able to celebrate it in style. Check out her blog Write For A Reader where she has great giveaways posted in her sidebars.
- Lots of book conferences are coming up. Book Expo America is just one of them, taking place at the end of the month. Chris Brogan has 27 great tips on how to prepare for a conference. I really need to sit down with this list. I am not prepared at all.
- Jen at Devourer of books reviewed a book called Every Last Cuckoo, by Kate Maloy. I haven’t heard of this one, and am very intrigued by the title. When the titles are a little out of the ordinary, it always makes me think more about how it could relate to the book.