We’re getting down to the last few days of the year. December is always the most erratic month of the year for me. Anything can happen and it most often does. So far between illness and holiday business I have only managed to read a couple of books this month, but I did want to do a brief round up of some of the other months that I have missed this year before it escapes me completely.
Pickier and moody reading has led to there only being a few duds for me out of these lists. The Prince of Mist was disappointing for me and not the best introduction to Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I also had misgivings about Something Wicked This Way Comes. Other than these two, I had very few complaints.
- Doors Open, by Ian Rankin
- Turn of the Screw, by Henry James
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, by Washington Irving
- Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Ray Bradbury
- Frankenstein’s Monster, Susan Heyboer O’Keefe
- So Cold the River, by Michael Koryta
- The Prince of Mist, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- The Strain, by Chuck Hogan & Guillermo del Toro
- The Improper Life of Bezellia Grove, by Susan Gregg Gilmore
- The Hound of the Baskervilles, by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Stranger Here Below, by Joyce Hinnefeld
- Life Sentences, by Laura Lippman
- The Space Between Trees, by Katie Williams
- Dracula In Love, by Karen Essex
- The Virgin Widow, by Anne O’Brien
- Blood of My Brother, by James LePore
- The Monstrumologist, by Rick Yancey
- A Christmas Carol Pop Up Book
I am not sure how much I will be around between now and the end of the year. If I don’t see you, enjoy your festivities, the week, and the beginning of the New Year!