C.B. James at Rady When You Are, CB is hosting the Read the Book, See the Movie Challenge. He writes:
The Read the Book, See the Movie Challenge is based on a simple idea–read a book, see a movie based on the book, include both in your review. Whether yours is a book blog or a movie blog, this could be a way to add some spice to your posts, expand your outlook, have some fun. Mostly, have some fun.
You don’t have to write full reviews both the movie and the book. You can write a review of one then add a brief paragraph or just a sentence or two about the other at the end.
There are several levels of participation to choose from:
- Matinee: one book/movie
- Double Feature: two books/movies
- Saturday Movie Marathon: four books/movies
- Film Festival: eight books/movies
- Festival Jury Member: ten books/movies
Overlaps are fine…and there will be giveaways throughout the year.
- Island of the Blue Dolphins, by Scott O’Dell
- Stranger with My Face, by Lois Duncan
- Gone With The Wind, by Margaret Mitchell
- Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
- Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
- Persuasion, by Jane Austen
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Nelle Harper
- Wuthering Heights, by Emily bronte
- Revolutionary Road, by Richard Yates
- War Child, by Emmanuel Jal