This week, Weekly Geeks is resurrecting one of the first projects that Dewey encouraged among bloggers to build community, link sharing.
This week I am supposed to write a post encouraging readers to share their links with me. I usually do this at the end of each post, and some of you have already stopped by with links to your reviews for me to post in mine (thanks for that!). Now I’m asking that you take the time to look through my archives (books reviewed in 2008 & books reviewed in 2009), and either leave me a link in the comments or send me an e-mail with your links at nicole [at] linussblanket [dot] com. Cool? Cool.
I always love it when bloggers link to other blogs because not only do I get an additional perspective about the book, but I discover great new blogs that I continue to visit. So, please don’t be shy. Just a note, this isn’t just for Weekly Geek participants, it’s for everyone. I want all of your links.
For the rest of the week this is what I will be doing:
- Editing my reviews to include links I receive in the body of my review post.
- Visiting other Weekly Geeks to go through their reviews. Leaving links for them.
- Leaving a note somewhere on my blog to let people know this is my policy.
- Writing a post later this week letting you know how my project is going!
- Having fun! This is a big undertaking but as Dewey put it, it’s ‘community building’.
What do you think of this idea? Do you have a link exchange policy? Do you like it when people link to other reviews? To your reviews?