I am signing up to do the Winter Reading Challenge hosted at The Royal Reviews. For this one I have to read 6 books. It runs from December 1st, 2009 through February 28th, 2010 which is very exciting to me since it means that I can use books that I am reading right now. I know a few of the books that I am reading already and the rest I will figure out as I decide all of my challenges over the next couple of days.
1. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate.
–Non-Bloggers: Include your information in the comment section.
2. You must read all six books to complete the challenge.
3. Any book format counts.
4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
5. Challenge begins December 1st thru to February 28th, 2010.
6. When you sign up under Mr. Linky, put the direct link to the post about the Winter Reading Challenge. Include the URL so that other participants can find join in and read your reviews and post.
So far this is what list looks like. Does anyone have any suggestions for the last two?
1. Read a book not set in the USA or England. Dragon House, by John Shors
2. Read a book with “Ice”, “Frost”, “Chill”, “Cold” “Winter” in the title. The Winter Queen, by Jane Stevenson
3. For Valentine’s Day, choose an author whose first or last name begins with “L”. Heaven to Betsy, by Maud Hart Lovelace
4. Choose a book that is not part of a series. Swan Thieves, by Elizabeth Kostova
5. Read a book written in the first-person point-of-view. The Help, by Katherine Stockett
6. Read a book with “Mr”, “Mrs”, “Miss” or “Ms” in the title. Mrs. Dalloway, Virginia Woolf